Community Chats scheduled at Mercer Library
The Mercer Library is beginning a new event series called “Community Chats,” where we invite a representative from one of our local service agencies to talk about what they do for the community.
This is your chance to visit with town and county officials and your neighbors, ask questions, and learn more about the many services available to our residents. We’ll provide coffee and snacks, and all are welcome to attend these informal events. Community Chats will be held on Fridays at 9:30 a.m., and so far the following have been scheduled:
· October 14: Judge Patrick Madden, Iron County judicial court
· November 4: Mark Marczak, Aging Unit of Iron County
· December 2: Zona Wick, Iron County Health Department
· January 6, 2017: Eric Nasi, Iron County Veterans Services
· February 3, 2017: Heather Palmquist, Iron County Land and Water Conservation Department
· March 3, 2017: Sheriff Tony Furyk
· April 7, 2017: Neil Klemme, Deparment head, Iron County UW-Extension
Stay tuned, as other Chats may be scheduled in the future. If you have a suggestion for a community service representative that you’d like to chat with, share your idea by calling the library at 715-476-2366, or visit our website at http://mercer.wislib.org.