Director Assistant- Mercer Chamber
Responsible to the Executive Director under his/her supervision. The Director Assistant should have experience working within an office setting with basic computer skills. The ability to work independently as well as collaboratively. He/she should have good organization, time management, excellent customer service skills along with a strong work ethic. Social media, web, and/or graphic design experience is preferred, but not required. Knowledge about the Mercer Area is strongly preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer Telephone: Prompt and courteous service shall be provided to all callers. If unable to immediately provide the information requested by the caller, offer to return call when information is gathered.
- Greet Visitors and Members: Walk-ins shall be greeted with courteous and prompt service.
- Email: Check email regularly throughout the day and respond to visitor and member requests promptly.
- Daily Logs: Keeping a daily record of all visitors and calls on a spreadsheet every day.
- Information Racks: All racks should be filled with member literature and other information that is an interest to visitors. Order printed matters or let the Executive Director aware that the office is running low on brochures, as necessary.
- Handle Inquiries: Enter all inquiries into computer database daily. Mail visitor guides and other information as requested to all inquiries within 24 hours of their request. Update spreadsheet as requests occur.
- Mail: Prepare all outgoing mail daily. Maintain adequate supply of meter supplies.
- Website: Maintain current information on Chamber website. Regularly post to Facebook or other social media networks. Keep members information current and up to date on website.
- Supplies: Order general supplies as needed for office or for events. Keep an inventory of all items.
- Office Maintenance: Ensure office is presented in a clean and tidy manner as well as the outside of the building and around Claire d’ loon.
- Event Coordination: Data entry of events with registration. Assist with ad creation and press releases. Coordinate aspects of chamber activities and events. Other duties as directed by Executive Director or event Committee Chairs. The Director Assistant is required at all Chamber event.
- Membership: As directed by Executive Director, help with membership dues invoicing and as sales. Keep track of membership listing changes for next year’s visitor guide and website updates.
- Assist with QuickBooks Accounting: This includes but not limited to; running payroll, paying bills, manage deposits, manage cash for events, entering budget, run reports, reconcile accounts monthly, and track room tax expenses. Run Reports for the Executive Director as well as the Board of Directors as requested.
- Other Duties as assigned by the Executive Director or the Board of Directors.
The Director Assistant position is 20-30 hours a week, year-round.
The office is open on weekends from May to August, some weekend work will be required.
Attendance is required at all Chamber event unless approved by the Executive Director prior to the event. The Director Assistant is not to be absent or late at any time without first notifying the Executive Director. In the absence of the Executive Director, another member of the Board of Directors should be notified.
Personal Characteristics and Experience:
- Minimum of a High School Diploma. Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required.
- Similar previous experience with non-profit organization
- Experience in preparing and working with business budget plans
- Practical “hands on” computer usage with word processor, spreadsheet, database, the internet, and social media.
- Strong project management and multi-tasking skills with a great attention to detail, excellent time management skills and the ability to work under pressure.
- Familiar with the Mercer Area
- Communication skills:
- Strong written and oral communication skills – the ability to write reports and correspondence, which are professional in appearance and content and effectively present information and respond to questions from staff, board members, members, public and media.
- Other Qualifications:
- Must have and retain valid Wisconsin Driver’s License.
- Physical strength and flexibility: requirements are (but not limited to) the ability to be able to twist, kneel, push, pull, lift and carry objects that weigh up to 30 pounds and be on your feet for 8+ hours during major events.
Mercer Chamber of Commerce
Lotter's BP, Mercer
Full-time and Part-time positions available, deli and cashier