2648 W Margaret St
This year the Mercer Historical Society and the Candy Cane Parade Committee have joined forces to present one Christmas Celebration.
The Mercer Candy Can Christmas Celebration includes a Baking Contest, Parade, Candy Cane Court from Mercer School, Santa & Mrs. Claus, Refreshments, Toy & Food Drive, Prizes, and More!
Baking Contest with Adult and Child Categories
- Candy, Cookies, and Bars using the Candy Cane/Peppermint Theme should be Delivered to the Community Center between 10am and Noon on Saturday, December 8th.
- Provide a Batch of the Candy, Cookies or Bars as they will be Served After Judging at the Celebration.
Candy Cane Christmas Parade
- 3pm Line-Up at St. Isaac Jogues Parking Lot on Garnet Street
- 3:30pm Parade Starts and Travels through Downtown Mercer to Hwy J to Railroad Street, then onto the Community Center. Floats, Walking Groups, and Decorated Vehicles will join Santa & Mrs. Claus, the Candy Cane Court, and Fire Trucks to make for a Festive Holiday Procession.
- Cash Prizes for Candy Cane Themed Entries.
- Register in Advance at the Mercer Area Chamber of Commerce
Community Center Celebration
- 4-5:30pm Visit with Santa & Mrs. Claus and receive a goody bag
- Bring a New/Gently Used Toy for Dove, Inc or a Non-Perishable Food Item for the Mercer Food Pantry
- Baked Goods, Hot Cocoa, and Coffee
Presented by: Candy Cane Committee, Iron County Sheriff’s Department, Mercer Area Chamber of Commerce, Mercer Historical Society, Mercer Lioness Club, Mercer Loons and the Town of Mercer