The Mercer Area Chamber of Commerce through our Candy Cane Committee work together every year to bring a fun and cheerful day of events.
New this year, we are expanding this event to multiple events and activities so everyone in the family can have some fun!
Candy Cane Christmas Parade
Line-up will begin at 3:00pm at the Mercer DNR Ranger Station. Parade starting at 3:30pm
- Floats, decorated vehicles, walking groups will be go down Highway 51.
- The parade will be stopping at Claire D’ Loon for the wreathing of Claire & Lighting the Tree
- It’s free and easy to be a part of the parade; just contact the Mercer Area Chamber of Commerce and fill out a registration form.
- Entries decorated with a candy cane/peppermint theme are eligible to complete for cash awards.
- Prizes will be given to the best entries in business, individual, and non-profit categories.
Wreathing of Claire & Tree Lighting
The parade will stop around 4pm, next to the Mercer Area Chamber of Commerce.
- Santa will be helping us with our Annual Tree Lighting and Wreathing of Claire.
- We could not do this without members of the Mercer Fire and EMS Departments helping place the wreath around Claire d’Loon’s neck, the 16-foot tall loon that stands at the Mercer Area Chamber of Commerce.
- The Parade will continue to go to Community Center for Santa’s Workshop!
From 4:30-6PM– Go to Santa’s Workshop
- Kids Crafts
- Letters to Santa
- Cookies & Hot Beverages
- Goodie Bags for the kids
- Visit Santa & Mrs. Claus
European Christmas Market
From 3pm-7pm the Pines Restaurant and Beer Garden.
- Outdoor vendors
- A bonfire
- live music
- food and drink
- And a very merry time.
Mercer Lighted House Tour
- Residents who decorate their house to submit an application.
- The Mercer Chamber of Commerce will be putting together a map to showcase the best tour route to see all the decorated houses.
- We will be posting photos of the households to post for people to vote online.
- The best decorated will win a prize.
Mercer Business Decoration Contest
- We are asking that businesses decorate part of your establishment. This is where you can be very creative.
- As not every business or non-profit has a storefront.
- This could be a window display, decoration of a door, house, shop, or the inside of the establishment itself.
- We will be posting all of the entries to contest onto a Facebook online poll, where people can vote on the best decorated.
Northwoods Winter Wonderland Passport
- Working with local businesses, organizations, or partners to put together a passport of different places to go, events happening in the area or just some holiday fun!
- Participants will be able to pick up a passport and work on it from December , 2021 to February 28, 2022.
- Once you completed the passport, all you have to do is turn it in and be entered in for a prize!
This town-wide celebration would not be possible without the help and support of the Candy Cane Committee, Mercer Fire & EMS Departments, Mercer Loons, Mercer School, Town of Mercer, Iron County Sheriff’s Department, and Santa & Mrs. Claus.