5150N Hwy 51
Northwoods Winter Wonderland- Mercer, Wisconsin
will be held on Saturday, December 5, 2020.
The Mercer Area Chamber of Commerce, Mercer Historical Society and the Candy Cane Parade Committee work together every year to bring a fun and cheerful day of events.
New this year, we are expanding this event to multiple events and activities so everyone in the family can have some fun!
Best Time of the Year Celebration
held next to the Mercer Community Center at 12:00pm.
This event will includes:
- sleigh rides around town
- Ice rank
- local clubs and organizations
- beverages and snacks
Candy Cane Christmas Parade
Line-up will begin at 3:00pm at the Mercer DNR Ranger Station. Parade starting at 3:30pm
- Floats, decorated vehicles, walking groups will be lined up down Highway 51.
- We will be having a reverse parade where the viewers are able to drive through the parade, waving and see all the different floats and groups participating in our 2020 Christmas Parade.
- It’s free and easy to be a part of the parade; just contact the Mercer Area Chamber of Commerce and fill out a registration form.
- Entries decorated with a candy cane/peppermint theme are eligible to complete for cash awards.
- Prizes will be given to the best entries in business, individual, and non-profit categories.
Wreathing of Claire & Tree Lighting
At the end of the parade @ 4pm, next to the Mercer Area Chamber of Commerce, we will have Santa and Ms. Claus stopping by to see all the little boys and girls.
- Santa will be helping us with our Annual Tree Lighting and Wreathing of Claire.
- We could not do this without members of the Mercer Fire and EMS Departments helping place the wreath, created by Wendy Dierbeck, around Claire d’Loon’s neck, the 16-foot tall loon that stands at the Mercer Area Chamber of Commerce.
- Hot Chocolate, Cookies, and Goodie bags for kids.
European Christmas Market
From 3pm-7pm the Pines Restaurant and Beer Garden.
- Outdoor vendors
- a bonfire
- live music
- food and drink
- And a very merry time.
Mercer Lighted House Tour
- Residents who decorate their house to submit an application.
- The Mercer Chamber of Commerce will be putting together a map to showcase the best tour route to see all the decorated houses.
- We will be posting photos of the households to post for people to vote online.
- The best decorated will win a prize.
Mercer Business Decoration Contest
- We are asking that businesses decorate part of your establishment. This is where you can be very creative.
- As not every business or non-profit has a storefront.
- This could be a window display, decoration of a door, house, shop, or the inside of the establishment itself.
- We will be posting all of the entries to contest onto a Facebook online poll, where people can vote on the best decorated.
Northwoods Winter Wonderland Passport
- Working with local businesses, organizations, or partners to put together a passport of different places to go, events happening in the area or just some holiday fun!
- Participants will be able to pick up a passport and work on it from December 5, 2020 to February 28, 2021.
- Once you completed the passport, all you have to do is turn it in and be entered in for a prize!
This town-wide celebration would not be possible without the help and support of the Candy Cane Committee, Mercer Historical Society, Mercer Fire & EMS Departments, Mercer Loons, Mercer School, Town of Mercer, Iron County Sheriff’s Department, and Santa & Mrs. Claus.