4262 County Road B
TUES FEB 25, THURS FEB 27 6:30 – 8 PM EACH DAY
TUES MARCH 3, THURS MARCH 5
LOLA Center for the Arts upstairs classroom.
Deadline for payment/registration: Feb 20
Are you looking to jumpstart your writing? Have you ever wanted to get feedback on your poetry, but weren’t quite sure where to turn? Would you like to connect with other writers who are seeking a space for creative discussion and development? Then join poet Adrienne Jaeger at LOLA and explore The Possibility of Poetry!
Participants can expect
- Writing exercises to prompt poetic exploration and/or new work
- Exploration of a variety of poetic forms, styles, and tools for your writer’s toolbox
- Discussion of constructive critiquing and feedback
- Experience workshopping your poetry in a safe creative space
- Feedback from the instructor and fellow participants
- Support, encouragement, perspective, ideas, and exposure to some of the possibilities of poetry!
Participants will be able to submit poems for feedback from instructor and participants. Further details will be provided for participants prior to first class meeting.
About Adrienne Jaeger
Adrienne Jaeger is a poet, photographer, and freelance grant writer. She holds an M.F.A. in Poetry from the University of Southern Maine-Stonecoast and B.A. in English with an emphasis in Creative Writing from St. Norbert College. She has facilitated poetry and creative writing in a variety of nontraditional classroom environments, as well as taught Expository Writing and Persuasive Writing at Lakeland College. She has written for non-profits, newspapers, and in support of our national parks. Her poetry can be found in the Aurorean, Stoneboat Literary Journal, Minerva Rising, and Uncommon Core: Contemporary Poems for Learning. Her work was nominated for a 2019 Pushcart Prize